Friday, February 12, 2016

Old is Gold :)

The art has a great power to influence our souls. Be it any kind of art – Writing, Painting, Dance or Music.

The art has the power to reach our sub-conscious brain. It has the power to heel, to transform and to create.

Music is one form of art which is within the reach of almost everyone without exceptions.

For me, music is liberating. I don’t know how it is able to produce the effects, but I am aware that it has a tremendous impact. It is curious that different kind of music appeals to me at different times depending on the mood.

Slow and soft music is always welcome. But there are times when I feel down and at such times I like to dance on some modern bollywood numbers. Sufi music to me is a real bliss.

And in case of music “Old is real gold”. There is a kind of peace and content that I feel listening to the old classics.

The song “Hawa bhi hai jawan jawan” from the movie “Nikah” is my all time favorite.


Yet another favorite of mine is “Aj Jane Ki Zid Na Karo” by Asha Bhosle.


“Abhi nahin Ana Sajna” by “Sona Mohapatra” is also a treat to the ears.






2 comments: