Friday, March 4, 2016

Promise Me!

Image Source: imgfave.com

Hey You! The Man from the future! I am talking to you!

I have been waiting for you to come out from my world of thoughts and become real. There are so many things, so many promises that I want from you; that I sometimes doubt if you, the future man, would ever meet my present. So, here I am; writing this letter to you.

First and foremost, I want you to promise me that you would love me forever; that you would love me despite my eccentricities and my occasional aloofness.

I want you to promise me that you will never give up on me. If I ever tell you to go away, you would rather hold me close to your heart, because that is where I want to belong.

I want you to promise me that you would never judge me, nor try to change me. For a forced change can only be detrimental. And I assure you that your love would automatically mould me the way you would want.

I want you to promise me that you would not try to dictate terms on me; that you would believe in gender equality and mutual respect, that you would not have a male ego considering yourself superior in any way than a female.

I want you to promise me that you would not try to hamper my freedom or influence my decisions; that you would not try to encage my thoughts in the mundane life alone.

I want you to promise me that you would not expect me to give-up reading or writing and get mired in the household chores. I would expect you to surprise me by changing the roles sometimes.

I want you to promise me that you would not force your opinions on me while dispelling mine. I would expect you to be receptive, open and welcoming even if we think on different planes.

I want you to promise me that you would find time for me; that you would never forget our special days, that you would always be there for me without me having to ask for it.

I want you to promise me that you would not raise your voice with me; that you would understand my sensitivity and always be gentle with me.

I want you to promise me that you would not expect me to eat dal-makhani when I want a pizza; or expect me to wear a saree when I want to wear a skirt; or expect me to drink tea when I want a vodka. That is to say that you would respect my small wishes and not try to regulate them.

I want you to promise me that on some days if I feel like doing crazy things, you would rather join me than being apprehensive; that you would believe in losing control sometimes, just letting loose and being in the moment.


I want you to promise me that you would someday time travel from future to meet my present.

“I’m blogging about the kasams I want from my man this Women’s Day with the #SadaSexy activity at BlogAdda in association with Set Wet.”


No comments:

Post a Comment